The birthday scramble and single mama shopping.

by mssinglemama on April 5, 2008

Frye Boots! Holy Wow!UPDATE – I missed the auction ending. Nearly cried when I found out. Then shook it off and chalked it up to fate.

——–

I have to own these boots. Wish I had them in my hands at this moment but they’re on eBay. I’m clearly in a “spoil myself” mood.

Instead of daydreaming about the perfect outfit I must bury myself in my closet and find one. Lovely fun. I hate figuring out what to wear. Such a pain in the ass. Especially when I can shop…meaning I have some extra money to spend, but I can’t shop…ever. How would I? No honey dearest to watch him while I run to the store. It’s a catch-22. A single mom’s inability to have any free time for shopping means we spend a lot less, but I miss shopping. I really miss it.

My old childless self would have had one planned a week ago. Instead I popped Benjamin in the stroller this morning and we took a walk through the boutique shops near our place … but I couldn’t find a thing. Largely because I had to hurriedly scan everything before my ticking time bomb (Benjamin) blew a gasket.

So…guess that means it’s time for some closet digging that must commence…immediately. Yeee HAAAA. Wish I had these boots. I’m going to bid on them for sure though…will let you know if I win. God they’re gorgeous.

P.S. Kris is babysitting tonight so I can go out with my girlfriends. They haven’t seen each other in over a week now…ever since the hiatus we called last Thursday. So tonight will be good for the two of them to spend some time with each other. I have a feeling Benjamin won’t miss me a bit.

Oh, and here’s the song I can’t stop listening to today…yes, I’m a bit of a cowgirl at heart. But you will probably love this too…very uplifting.

sparklingmama April 5, 2008 at 7:59 pm

a boyfriend who babysits? I need to find one of those!

Have fun tonight!!

liz April 5, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Have fun tonight!

I LOVE this song…who is it?

mssinglemama April 5, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Oops! Sorry Liz, the Be Good Tanyas. The entire album is awesome.

Sparkling Mama – yes, very nice indeed!

mommypie April 6, 2008 at 7:45 am

I second Sparkling Mama – a boyfriend who babysits?!?!? Wow. Hope you had a great night!

Leslie April 6, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Ooh like this song too. Hope you had a wonderful night out on the town!

Shopping doesn’t get any easier with boys, mine had his head in his hands at the mall when I was scouring for shoes “just pick *something* mom”.

mssinglemama April 7, 2008 at 2:39 am

Oh Leslie…that story scared me but I know those kind of comments are just around the corner.

And yes MP, babysitting boyfriend = keeper. He’s done it a few times. It’s always on special occasions or nights when I just really need to get out of the house. Total times sitting – 4… pretty nice. I use it sparingly for a few reasons. Maybe this deserves its own post. Hmmm…

jonb April 8, 2008 at 2:41 am

those boots are fresh! (yes, i never let go of 1994) you need them in your life.

as an aside, i will say that i respect single moms so much if for anything, the trip to the grocery store. the three of us went yesterday and for the first time in six months, the kid got the best of me. whoever thought combining the plastic car things with the shopping cart should be shot. i’ll write about my weekend in my blog this week. you moms should get a kick out of it.

and shopping with a toddler…lord. can they keep their hands off of anything?

missmegs April 8, 2008 at 12:14 pm

I love those boots. Sorry you missed the end of the auction :o(

The last time I was in Vegas was during the Pro Bull Riding tour or whatever it is. We were staying at Mandalay Bay which is where it was taking place. It also happened to be around Halloween so for two days I thought that there were a bunch of people dressed up as cowboys for Halloween until i finally made the connection.

Anyways, I saw this one girl with a pair of cowboy boots and this really cute fitted denim dress. Ever since then I have wanted a pair but I never see any in stores so I’m thinking about making a trip to one of those cowboy stores hehe.