Wanna get a hotel room? And other dating horror stories.

by mssinglemama on March 15, 2008

datingstories.jpgI have quite a few very single, very independent and very happy single girlfriends. And they’re very busy dating. Not quite sure how they manage to keep going out on new ones after experiences like these. ALL of these stories are true.

Case 1:

After a lovely dinner he informs her that yes, he’s separated from his wife, but that they’ve been separated for “two years.” Yeah right. Then he actually asks her, “so you wanna get a hotel room?” And this coming from a guy with two PhDs. Seriously? What is he smoking? Asshole. She of course denies his request.

Case 2:

After two dates they make plans for Valentine’s Day. He cancels. She checks out his MySpace page and sees that his relationship status is back to taken, and it’s his ex-girlfriend.

Case 3:

He tells her he’s making her a sculpture of Elvis. In her honor, of course. After she stops calling him he sends her text messages along the lines of, “want to have sex?” Yeah baby, that’s hot.

Case 4:

He tells her, after they’ve made out, that he has a personal relationship with God and can’t handle the temptation. This after passing on an opportunity to inform her of his religious beliefs earlier in the evening. He spent the next several repenting and wishing she hadn’t worn that red dress. (This one happened to yours truly)

Case 5:

They date for three weeks. He cuts off all contact. Then texts her. “Want to discuss and give it another try.” She texts back, “who is this?” Men seriously think they can win a woman back with a text message?

Do you have any dating horror stories? Share…give me a case # and everything.

[Photo credit: http://nigelparry.com/enginefiles/uploads/cardboard-elvis.jpg]

mscheevious March 15, 2008 at 8:40 pm

So hilarious! I love your posts!

sometimesispill March 16, 2008 at 1:13 am

These are hysterical! My last dating horror story was the guy who asked me if I “believed in breast feeding” on the first date, then proceeded to inform me that if I wanted to have children and be a stay at home mom, he could support me financially…he planned to invent a game show patent.

QTMama March 16, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Case #6 They date for 3 weeks, he calls and asks to borrow $60 because his dad is in the hospital and he wants to buy him something. WTF? Then gets mad when she says no and won’t talk to her anymore.

strongwoman March 16, 2008 at 11:37 pm

#7 Meet a great guy online and chat and talk on the phone for weeks. Finally meet in person and find out that he gave me a fake name by seeing a bracelet on his wrist with the wrong name. He lies and says his niece gave it to him and it was the closest name they had to his at the gift shop she was at. Then figure out later that he was totally married and lying about everything.

#8 Date a Christian guy for a month. All of a sudden he stops talking to me. For no reason whatsoever that I can figure out. I guess stopping all contact was easier than being a man and telling me. What a Christian.

#9 Date this really great guy for a few weeks, one night in the movie theater, i put my hand on his and he shoos it away. He believes so firmly in no PDA that he wont even hold hands in a dark movie theater.

Oh I have more and more but I won’t make the list too long.

mssinglemama March 17, 2008 at 12:02 am

I can’t believe these!!!! Thanks for sharing. Yikes. There are so many clueless men out there.

Dawn March 17, 2008 at 3:09 am

Horrible dating story…AND my most niave(sp?)moment…Dated a guy for 2 months. Went on a business trip with him and all. After we get back from the trip, I get home, go to work the next day, and come home to an email that stated that he had lied to me, and that he was married. Even after I had asked him 10 times if he sure he wasnt because he was too good to be real.

randomesq March 17, 2008 at 3:37 am

Wow. Just…wow. Those are some really…really big jerks.

Jim March 17, 2008 at 3:00 pm

They give us good guys – no, really, some of us are – a bad name. There’s lots of great guys out there. Sorry to hear these stories!!!

mssinglemama March 17, 2008 at 4:19 pm

I know guys – your counterparts can be really awful.

Now you know why some women might be hesitant to date. But just a note – for each of these horrible stories I have good ones to counter it. So…yes, there are plenty of good guys out there.

erzsi1113 March 17, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Case #1 sounds an awful lot like my soon-to-be ex. We are into our second year of seperation (divorce in our state takes FOREVER…15 months and counting) and he would be just sleazy enough to do this. And he is a PhD…

liz @ abrightfuture.wordpress.com

26 inch hexagon October 13, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Quality articles or reviews is the crucial to invite the users
to pay a visit the web page, that’s what this web page is providing.