Nerds make better lovers.

by mssinglemama on January 20, 2008

clarkkent.jpgThe founder of Craigslist.com, Craig Newmark, says it often in interviews…”nerds make better lovers.” When I first read this I giggled to myself because I have been happily dating nerds now since becoming a single mother. Since switching to nerds the cool, suave guys don’t even phase me anymore. This is coming from a woman who used to date the hottest, slickest guys out there.

So with that said…here’s why nerds make better lovers:

• It’s all about you…all of the time. Nerds always, always make sure you’re satisfied. Can’t emphasize this one enough. Why? Because if a man doesn’t take the time to satisfy you in bed do you really think he’ll take the time to satisfy you outside of bed?
  • They aren’t afraid to show their sensitive side.
  • They don’t care what people think about them – they’re confident in who they are.
  • They’re smart and determined.
  • Did I already mention that you will be completely satisfied? Yep. Completely.
  • To them – you are a queen.
  • They’re hilarious.
  • They have nice friends.
  • They won’t jerk you over.
  • If you have a son – who would you rather him be when he grows up? A suave, ladies man or a super sweet, super smart nerd?
  • Enough said.

I haven’t completely eliminated the slick guys. I did go out on a few dates with some and actually made the mistake of dating one for a few weeks this summer…it had me running back to the nerds faster than you can say “single mama.”

So for all of the single moms (and single childless women) out there I feel obligated to spread the word…in hopes that you too will open your eyes and start checking out those geeky guys at Barnes and Noble. Underneath those Clark Kent exteriors just might lie an incredibly gorgeous Superman. One thing is true about men – you may not be able to change what’s inside but you can always change the outside.

For example, I made sure my favorite nerd ever (my boyfriend, Kris) went to a fantastic hair stylist for his latest cut … and poof! My nerd was instantly hotified. He’s actually a super hot nerd, in my opinion…think Clark Kent meets Cary Grant.  But I think most women would overlook him because of his odd, quirky and overall nerdy nature. Lucky me!

I am actually a nerd … way back before I grew into my big ears and huge hands boys never gave me the time of day. Now…after all of these years of trying to deny my inner nerd I’m wondering why I caved so quickly once all of those jerks started noticing me. Nerds are SO much better.

If you haven’t, please, give a nerd a chance. If you already have…do share.

(picture courtesy of PatFullerton.com)

1. Do men really care if you’re a single mom?

Jenny January 20, 2008 at 4:44 am

Don’t forget better imaginations. With better than average intelligence comes a greater facility for not only solving problems, but also creativity. ‘Nuff said.

mssinglemama January 20, 2008 at 4:49 am

Definitely! Creativity and problem solving is soooo important.

randomesq January 20, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Hi, just found your blog through wordpress.org. Out of curiousity, does Kris read your blog?

Sounds like you took a difficult situation (with the ex) and turned it around for yourself and your son – very brave.

R.

mssinglemama January 20, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Hi R- yes, Kris reads my blog. And he knows about this post, not sure if he’s read it yet – but he gave me the okay to write away.

As soon as our relationship got serious I gave him the okay to read my blog. I realized how much it could help him understand what it’s like to be with a single mom…who also happens to be the one he’s with – kind of convenient.

Paperspoons January 20, 2008 at 11:04 pm

Simply put – Yes they do. I’m quite happy with my nerd! :P

P.S I like your blog. I’m adding you to my blogroll!

mssinglemama January 21, 2008 at 1:20 am

Tks Paperspoons! Where’s your blog? I want to check it out and your link is dead for some reason. Go nerds!

randomesq January 21, 2008 at 3:00 am

I’m normally tight lipped about my blog because I blog anonymously but there’s something fun about letting someone read it. I recently shared it with a woman I’ve been on a few dates with which is what made me curious about if your boyfriend read your blog.

And yes, I can definitely see how it would be a helpful primer for your boyfriend to have access to the blog. :) Too bad all women do not come with such helpful, insightful blogs.

-RandomEsq.

mssinglemama January 21, 2008 at 3:50 am

I know, right? It’s like he’s got an insider’s handbook on dating me. Funny. With that said, the inner workings of our relationship will never make it to these pages…that’s between he and I.

As for blogging anonymously – only a few of my friends know of this one. I like it that way. Hope the girl was impressed – she should be – from what I’ve read so far you’re blog is very cool.

Paperspoons January 21, 2008 at 6:52 am

Hmmm, wonder why my link doesn’t show up. Anyway…It’s paperspoons.wordpress.com.

P.S. My boyfriend doesn’t know about my blog. I gave him the link of my last one and let’s just say that didn’t go over well. Sounds like a good topic for discussion.

randomesq January 21, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Thank you – I appreciate the kind words.
R.

The Masked Millionaire April 14, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Your post is better than the one I was sending people to on this subject. Great looking blog…keep up the good work.

Live From Las Vegas
The Masked Millionaire

johemmant June 22, 2008 at 6:33 am

Came here via David’s site, yes, you are so right…..I’ve never been attracted to the goodlooking types, grew up with my grandmother’s maxim ringing in my ears, a good looking man is a bad investment……..I’ve always preferred the clever, sensitive type, no ruggerbugger alpha males for me…….I guess my husband is a prime example of someone who’s different and we fit together just right.

Rivkah November 17, 2008 at 10:42 am

Actually, I tend to date nerds because I have more in common with them…the only problem about dating nerds is that they have trouble devoting time to you because of their addictions. My boyfriend, all he wants to do is play video games 24/7 and completely ignore me. I play video games too but that’s not how I wanna spend life. It’s good to find a older more mature nerd who knows how to prioritizes things. =) Like their women!

vrkiller July 12, 2009 at 1:27 am

And remember computer nerds or just nerds make more money, and they could be rich if they wanted ;D

Ted Clarke July 11, 2010 at 8:57 am

I am one of these nerd men. My characteristics are well described based upon my Myers Briggs type INTJ. Only about 2% are INTJ type and usually are nerds. The lady INTJ’s have a hard time socially and finding mates. My lady friend is an INFP and has a PhD. She specifically wanted a nerd man who is a scientist for a companion.
Ted

jess August 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm

i have a boyfriend whos a bit of a nerd.
and he gets called a nerd and my frends say hess not good enough for me.
but he actually is.
they dont realise how sweet he is, and he loves me with all his heart, and i know tht because he always tells me.
you know when you watch romance films and everythings perfect, well thts how my boyfrend does everything, because he wants to make every moment we have together special (:

Summer November 29, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I came across this randomly and giggled. After being married to one of those slick, suave guys, I’m now dating a nerd. OMG, why did I do that years ago! Nerds are soooooo hot!

Stan June 7, 2011 at 3:06 am

i have a boyfriend whos a bit of a nerd.
and he gets called a nerd and my frends say hess not good enough for me.
but he actually is.

While your friends are going after the “pretty boys” at the bars and gyms, the nerds will be working to give themselves a financially successful life (and you would be included in that.(

ilovehippies September 8, 2011 at 11:59 am

So where do i find this nerd , is there a free spirted nerd since i love hippies lol